Non-Mason Students/Employees & Vehicles

Reporting State & Rental Vehicle Accidents

Driver Training

Driver training is required for anyone who operates a State owned vehicle or rents a vehicle for State business.
Learn more & register!

Only individuals on official University business are allowed to ride in state vehicles.  Individuals not employed by the state may accompany state employees operating state vehicles when they are needed to support the purpose of the event or activity. Non-state employees on University business could include students, volunteers, vendors, spouses, or official university visitors. State employees need to use a non-state vehicle when joined by a non-state employee who is not directly involved with University business.  In all instances, the department head responsible for the event or activity must authorize vehicle use in advance.  If you need additional guidance, please contact the Operational Risk Management at or call 703-993-2599.