The Office of Risk Management has training available for anyone who operates a state-owned, leased or rented vehicle for state business. The objectives of the course are:
- to gain knowledge of federal and state laws as they apply to Mason drivers that drive state-owned vehicles
- to gain knowledge of safety guidelines for properly operating state-owned vehicles to minimize incidents and accidents
- to acquire information needed to properly report an incident or accident
Space is limited for each session. REGISTER NOW!
Select your preferred date to register. If minimum registration numbers are not met, the class may be cancelled. In addition, room location, date and time may change to meet demand. You will be notified via email if your scheduled session has been cancelled or moved. *Please note that if you arrive more than 10 minutes late to the training, or depart the training early, you will not receive credit for your attendance.
Note: If the campus is under an active closure Alert, training sessions will be cancelled.
It is the policy of George Mason University to provide reasonable accommodations for person with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodations to fully participate in this training, please contact our office at 703-993-2599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation.
(The sessions listed below will be presented via Zoom only, preregistration is required). A link will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
- October 27, 2021 – 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- November 16, 2021 – 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- December 16, 2021 – 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- January 26, 2022 – 9:30am – 10:30am
- February 17, 2022 – 11:00am – 12:00pm
- March 23, 2022 – 9:30am – 10:30am
- April 26, 2022 – 11:00am – 12:00pm
All drivers who operate any state-owned, leased or rented vehicle should be in compliance with University Policy 1411, Vehicle Use.
The in-class portion of the 11 and 15 passenger van training is included in ORM’s Driver Awareness Training and is a prerequisite to the hands-on van familiarization training offered by the Mason Police Department. You must complete ORM’s training and have an acceptable MVR check, as described in University Policy 1411, before you can register for the hands-on passenger van training. To register for the hands-on Van Familiarization Training visit the Mason Police Department webpage.