Operational Risk Management has training available for anyone who operates a state-owned, leased or rented vehicle for state business. Initial training should be completed within 60 days of hire and repeated every two (2) years. The objectives of the course are:
- to gain knowledge of federal and state laws as they apply to Mason drivers that drive state-owned vehicles
- to gain knowledge of safety guidelines for properly operating state-owned vehicles to minimize incidents and accidents
- to acquire information needed to properly report an incident or accident
Online Training Now Available!
- Mason employees and student wage personnel can now complete training in Mason Leaps.
- Students, volunteers and contractors (anyone who does not have access to Mason Leaps) can complete online Driver Awareness training here. Note* To receive credit, you must submit the completion form after viewing the training.
All drivers who operate any state-owned, leased or rented vehicle should be in compliance with University Policy 1411, Vehicle Use.
The in-class portion of the 11 and 15 passenger van training is included in ORM’s Driver Awareness Training and is a prerequisite to the hands-on van familiarization training offered by the Mason Police Department. You must complete ORM’s training and have an acceptable MVR check, as described in University Policy 1411, before you can register for the hands-on passenger van training. Please allow 1-2 business days after training completion before attempting to register with the Van Familiarization session.
To register for the hands-on Van Familiarization Training visit the Mason Police Department webpage.