All accidents with state-owned and rental vehicles on official University business shall be reported as follows:
- Off-campus accidents to Virginia State Police at 1-800-572-4510 (Division 7).
- On-campus accidents to the University Police at 703-993-2810.
- Local police department if traveling out-of-state.
- Operational Risk Management (complete an Automobile Loss Notice Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Department Supervisor.
- Motor Pool, if it is a rental vehicle reserved through Motor Pool, 703-993-2442.
- If you are operating a state-owned vehicle and are in need of roadside assistance, please call Facilities Serviced 24 hour emergency number 703-993-2525 for assistance.
There is an insurance card located in the glove compartment of every state-owned vehicle. If you need an additional card please click INSURANCE CARD.
IF YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT:
- STOP IMMEDIATELY: Take all necessary precautions to prevent further accidents at the scene.
- SEND FOR HELP – DO NOT LEAVE THE SCENE: Ask a passing motorist or some other person to contact State Police or call 911.
- GET THE NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS OF WITNESSES.
- Fill out an Automobile Loss Notice Form and notify your supervisor.
- DO NOT: Make a statement of any kind to anyone other than your employer, a law enforcement officer, or a representative of The Division of Risk Management.
Claims Administrator Information:
Division of Risk Management Department of Treasury P.O. Box 1879 Richmond, VA 23218-1879 Phone (804) 786-3152 Fax (804) 371-2442