Reporting State & Rental Vehicle Accidents
All accidents with State-Owned and rental vehicles on official business of the university should be reported as follows:
- Off-campus accidents to the State Police at 703 323-4500.
- On-campus accidents to the University Police at 703 993-2810.
- Office of Risk Management (complete a Automobile Loss Notice Form and fax to 703 993-2339).
- Department Supervisor.
- Motor pool, if it is a motor pool vehicle, 703 993-2442.
There is an insurance card located in the glove compartment of every state owned vehicle. If you need an additional card please click INSURANCE CARD.
If you have an accident:
- STOP IMMEDIATELY: Take all necessary precautions to prevent further accidents at the scene.
- SEND FOR HELP – DO NOT LEAVE: Ask a passing motorist or some other person to contact State Police or call 911.
- GET THE NAMES OF WITNESSES: Fill out a Automobile Loss Notice Form and notify your supervisor.
- DO NOT: Make a statement of any kind to anyone other than your employer, a law enforcement officer, or a representative of The Division of Risk Management.