Reporting State & Rental Vehicle Accidents

All accidents with State-Owned and rental vehicles on official business of the university should be reported as follows:

  • Off-campus accidents to the State Police at 703 323-4500.
  • On-campus accidents to the University Police at 703 993-2810.
  • Office of Risk Management (complete a Automobile Loss Notice Form and fax to 703 993-2339).
  • Department Supervisor.
  • Motor pool, if it is a motor pool vehicle, 703 993-2442.

There is an insurance card located in the glove compartment of every state owned vehicle. If you need an additional card please click  INSURANCE CARD.

If you have an accident:

  • STOP IMMEDIATELY: Take all necessary precautions to prevent further accidents at the scene.
  • SEND FOR HELP – DO NOT LEAVE: Ask a passing motorist or some other person to contact State Police or call 911.
  • GET THE NAMES OF WITNESSES: Fill out a Automobile Loss Notice Form and notify your supervisor.
  • DO NOT: Make a statement of any kind to anyone other than your employer, a law enforcement officer, or a representative of The Division of Risk Management.

Claims Administrator Information:                                                         

Division of Risk Management
Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 1879
Richmond, VA 23218-1879
Phone (804) 786-3152
Fax (804) 371-2442

Driver Training

Driver training is available for anyone who operates a State owned vehicle or rents a vehicle for State business.
Learn more & register!