Personal Vehicles

Reporting State & Rental Vehicle Accidents

Driver Training

Driver training is required for anyone who operates a State owned vehicle or rents a vehicle for State business.
Learn more & register!

Personal vehicles used for University business or for approved activities are not covered by the University’s vehicle insurance. The rationale for this State policy is the mileage reimbursement is sufficient to cover the cost of the owner’s insurance. In the event of an accident, the owner’s insurance will be required to provide first coverage and the State may accept liability for judgments in excess of the owner’s primary insurance coverage.