Will I be covered if I have a vehicle accident in my own personal vehicle while on official University business?

No, the owner of a personal vehicle is financially responsible for losses to their personal vehicles while conducting official University business. The Commonwealth of Virginia’s Risk Management Plan may provide defense and payment in excess of your policy.  The Plan would still only pay up to $2,000,000 excess of your personal policy limits. *Before operating a personal vehicle for official University business the driver must be compliant with University Policy 1411, Vehicle Use, and MUST have supervisor’s permission.