What kind of insurance does the University have?

The Commonwealth of Virginia provides worldwide insurance protection for all State agencies and their personnel through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Risk Management Plan. In general, this coverage includes liability (general, professional and automobile), property, medical malpractice, automobile physical damage (Car Care and Lease Care), fidelity bond (faithful performance and crime) and watercraft. The University also purchases insurance coverage for international travel emergencies and cyber liability.