Is there insurance reimbursement for personal property that is lost, stolen, or damaged while being used for University business?

The personal property of faculty, staff, students, contractors, and visitors is ordinarily excluded from coverage.  The exception to this policy is when the property is a written condition of employment that you provide your own tools, equipment, camera, computer, etc. and that has been agreed to before a loss, then the items are covered.  A copy of this agreement must be on file with the Office of Risk Management (ORM) and Human Resources along with an itemized list of the items and their values.  This requirement must be documented in the position description (PD) or in a memorandum from the department head to the ORM and Human Resources prior to the loss/damage.  Upon the loss or damage contact the University Police (703-993-2810) and the ORM (703-993-2599).  Otherwise coverage can usually be found under a homeowner’s policy.