Effective May 29, 2021
Mason will transition occupancy in all of its event spaces over the summer, as Executive Order 72, which established participant limits for events and gatherings, will end on May 29.
The established guidance for Programs, Events, Camps Serving Minors remains in effect.
All on-campus events must still follow certain requirements:
- All events and gatherings managers must request space in compliance with University Policy 1103 (Space Utilization and Scheduling).
- Participants must complete Mason COVID Health✓™ and receive a “green light” status on the day of the event. Event organizers must confirm status during check-in prior to event entry.
- Entrances and exits must be configured to reduce bottlenecks.
- Events cannot be open to the general public. RSVPs are required for all events, and organizers should check in the participants and keep records of attendees/no-shows.
- If food is being served, a university-approved caterer must be used. Pre-packaged food and drink are allowed. Self-service of any kind is prohibited (for example, no buffet or coffee service). Served beverages and plated meals are allowed in accordance with policy. Event participants can’t bring their own food or drink to organized events.
- Signs must be posted at entrances stating that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, can enter.