Current as of December 13, 2020
The Events Exception Committee will perform risk assessments, as requested by the Event Coordinator, on specific events/gatherings through the Spring 2021 semester.
In the interest of public health and safety, attendance at social gathering/events should be minimized to prevent the spread of COVID-19 during Mason Stages 3-5. Larger gatherings and intense contact increase the risk of exposure.
Events/Gatherings (any gathering – indoor/outdoor – of individuals organized by a University department, student organization, or external entity) guidelines for Mason Stages 3-5:
- On campus Event/Gatherings cannot exceed 10 participants, to include organizers, with the exception of EagleBank Arena, the Center for the Arts, and the Hylton Performing Arts Center, which can accommodate up to 250 participants.
- Off campus Events/Gatherings may not exceed 10 participants to include organizers.
- Limit occupancy and configure spaces to ensure that ten feet of physical distance is maintained for exercise activities, singing, or cheering is performed, and at least six feet of distance for all other settings.
- Events/Gatherings cannot be open to the general public.
- Events/Gatherings must be seated or have clearly marked spaces for the purposes of prayer rugs or yoga mats, outdoor events where individuals bring their own seat/blankets, or in spaces with open play (pool tables, ping pong table, etc.) to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
- Face coverings required while participating.
- Ensure exits are configured to reduce the occurrence of bottlenecks at the conclusion of the event.
- Post signage at the entrance that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment. Individuals should complete the Mason COVID Healthcheck and receive a “green light” status on the day of the event.
- Post signage to provide public health reminders regarding physical distancing, gatherings, options for high-risk individuals, and staying home if sick.
- Provide a place for staff and attendees to wash hands with soap and water, or provide alcohol-based hand sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol.
Note: Exceptions will be considered for participant limit only.